Little Pigs at Home Animal Sanctuary: A Peaceful stay
Relax at Little Pigs at Home Farm Animal Sanctuary. Rosehaven stay is opposite the main barn where the animals sleep. Sit back, unwind with a cuppa and watch sanctuary life unfold from your lounge window, book a treatment in the vegan on-site beauty salon, or explore the many surrounding beaches, waterfalls, restaurants and towns. The caravan has a double room with ensuite toilet, twin room, shower room and sofa bed in the lounge. We offer a vegan welcome pack to all our guests. Refurbished last year.
Terms and Conditions and sanctuary rules
1) The caravan is to be left clean and tidy and we ask you to put your rubbish and recycling in the bins provided.
2) A refundable deposit of £100 is required within a week of booking. (This covers damage, breakages or late cancellation)
3) Cancellations can be made up to 24 hours before the start date of the stay. The £100 deposit will be immediately refunded and there will be no charge for the stay. Cancellations made after this will incur the loss of deposit but will not incur the charge for the stay. Extenuating circumstances will be considered.
4) Full payment can be made at the time of booking or on the day of arrival, cash, card or BACS is acceptable. Please no cheques.
5) Only persons on the booking form may stay at the caravan. The caravan has a maximum capacity of 6. Please let us know in advance if there are to be any changes to the original form.
6) Children should be supervised on the sanctuary at all times and are the responsibility of the carers they arrived with.
7) Check in time is 3pm (can be flexible. A text will be sent on the start day, as soon as the caravan is ready.
8) There is parking on-sit next to the caravan. Vehicles are left at the owner’s own risk.
9) Great care is needed when driving on site and speed is to be kept under 10mph.
10) Smoking is NOT permitted anywhere on site.
11) Fireworks are not permitted on site.
12) Please familiarise yourself with the fire assembly point round the pond.
13) No firearms or weapons are permitted on site.
14) We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your property and/or accidents, injuries, illness, diseases arising from the hire of the caravan or on the sanctuary including acts of God or extreme weather conditions.
15) Check out is 10am (can be flexible if caravan not booked for that day).
16) Extra nights are £50 subject to availability.
17) The animals must not be fed as they are on strict, measured vegan diets.
18) We politely ask that there be no loud music or loud noise after 11pm or before 8am as this will disturb the animals.
19) Dogs must be house trained and kept on leads when outside, fouling must be picked up immediately and disposed of in general waste. We can provide poo bags, a pet bed and bowls if you require.
20) Strictly no admittance to the main barn, stables or beyond the gate to the animal field without being accompanied by a worker from Little Pigs at Home.
21) Gates must be shut at all times.
22) Please pick up litter as this can endanger the animals.
23) No illegal drugs are allowed on site.
24) Committing acts of violence, aggression towards others, or generally presenting nuisance behaviour towards other people or the animals will NOT be tolerated.
25) Serious or repeated breach of the above standards may result in you being asked to leave the site without refund.
These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights under UK law.
Bedding , towels and linen and extra blankets are provided. Please bring beach towels. Double room with ensuite toilet. Twin room. Main shower room with plug for shallow foot bath. (Ideal for bathing babies and toddlers ). Table with four chairs in dining area. Microwave, gas stove, oven, toaster and kettle in kitchen. Sofa bed, bean bag chair, rocking chair and television in the lounge. Wi fi and dvds supplied. We can also supply a dog bed, bowls and treats for your furry friend. There is a sofa bed in the lounge with clean bedding set up, so up to two extra guests can stay but bear in mind there is four dining room chairs and seating for four in the lounge. Netfix and Disney plus are included.
Things to know
Free tours of the sanctuary are available on request. We have only been set up since April this year so we are a small sanctuary. WE have four pigs, three ducks, a rescue dog and two tortoises. We are in the process of rescuing another dog and a pig.
Places of interest
There are many beautiful and interesting places to visit and this is by no means an exhaustive list. If you find anywhere else interesting, please let us know as we have only been here since April and are still learning about this amazingly beautiful and interesting area. We haven’t managed to get out that much yet, as we are too busy looking after the animals.
Poppit Sands Beach
Facing north, Poppit Sands beach is sheltered from the prevailing south-westerly winds and is popular for windsurfing, kayaking, surfing and wildlife watching. The Pembrokeshire Coast Path starts near here at St Dogmaels and many walkers pick up the path at Poppit.
There is a cafe, telephone and lifeboat station while shops and pubs can be found in the surrounding area. There is good access to the beach by bike using the local 'history and beaches' cycle route, a circular route which passes through Poppit.
EASY ACCESS BEACH
The beach is accessible for people with limited mobility via a boardwalk from the car park. Beach Wheelchair is available to hire online. Concrete ramp with staggered barrier: 1:8 to 1:10 up for six metres to wooden walkway, then 1:22 down for 12 metres to viewpoint at head of beach.
The route is provided to help protect the sand dunes and nearby mudflats which have fragile ecosystems.
BLUE FLAG BEACH
Lifeguard service in the summer. Unpredictable tide and river currents and bathing can be dangerous. Dog restrictions apply to the western end of the beach May - end September.
Narberth is a gorgeous little market town in the east of Pembrokeshire. Multicoloured Edwardian and Georgian buildings line the high street which has developed quite a reputation as a shopper’s heaven. Independent shops selling a whole range of exquisite items from fine art to fine food rub shoulders with vintage and antique shops. Then when a well-earned rest is needed, there are award-winning cafes, pubs and restaurants galore to rest your weary feet. I found a vegan and eco-friendly shop here and it is amazing. It sells everything. The cafes are lovely. I would highly recommend this beautiful town. Parking is cheap. There are public toilets in the car park, but you need 40p to use them.
At the heart of Wales, you have everything you need in Cardigan from shops, restaurants, theatres and cinemas to beaches and castles.
This is an idyllic harbour where you can go out in a boat and see dolphins and seals. There is an amazing ice cream parlour there along with cafes and quaint shops along the sea front. Would highly recommend.
Beautiful walk to the waterfall. Parking is free. Dog friendly and beautiful views. Pushchair access. Be careful taking toddlers as there are steep drops in places. The walkway is carved through the mountain. Stunning scenery and woodland.
Beautiful beach with waterfall. Free parking and dogs welcome on some parts of the beach.
Tenby is one totally stunning, and pretty historic, fishing village that you have to see in Wales. Perched within the beautiful region of Pembrokeshire, it's probably one of the nicest seaside towns in all of West Wales. Shops, cafes and coastland walks.
An enormous oval castle, mostly surrounded by a serene mill pond. Extensively restored in Victorian times, it’s dominated by the complex gatehouse on the outside and the huge circular keep once you’re inside. The walled town of Pembroke which grew up around the castle also contains many ancient and interesting Norman buildings.
Pubs and restaurants
Nags Head – Abercych (13 mins drive) 01329 841200
This is a lovely pub. We have stayed the night there when visiting Brynhaul and it is absolutely amazing. Outdoor seating and vegan options available.
Spar – Crymich (6 mins drive)
Tesco – Aberyswith (21 mins drive)
B & M – Aberystwyth (21 mins drive)
Carmarthen market is on Wednesdays and Saturdays, the popular outdoor market brings in crowds with its interesting mix of goods and on the 1st Friday of the month the Farmer's Market visits the town.
Whitland – (20 mins drive)
Small town with a selection of shops a café and pubs. Second hand book shop and charity shops. Greengrocers and homeware shop.