Conscious Travel Activities for the Avid Vegan Traveler
As a vegan or eco-conscious traveler, you may not want to participate in some of the most typical travel activities. Such as going on a carriage ride, wine and cheese tasting, and fast-fashion shopping!!
Well, the great thing about our modern world is that, as a vegan traveler, there are still LOADS of things you can do while you travel to create an unforgettable vegan holiday. And there are so many vegan-friendly destinations and cities you can visit!
So the question is, what are some of the BEST vegan-friendly activities you can do while on holiday?
Let’s Cover the Classics
As previously mentioned, if you visit a buzzing vegan city, you are in luck! There is no doubt that you will be able to find some traditional travel activities as a vegan if you choose to visit a vegan-friendly destination.
Here are some of our top ideas!
- Take in the culture and views through a city walking or biking tour, as opposed to a carriage tour.
- Experience local flavors at vegan-friendly restaurants that serve traditional cuisine.
- Relax and people watch with a cup of coffee at a vegan-friendly cafe.
- Take your time strolling through museums, then stop for a vegan snack afterwards at a vegan friendly bakery.
- Enjoy some drinks at bars that offer vegan or ethically sourced beers and cocktails.
- Sign up for some eco friendly travel activities like vegan cooking classes, a wine and painting night out, and river cruises on platforms like Airbnb.
On The Wild Side
Let’s spice up your vegan holiday with some “out-of-the-box” activities that will make your vacation unforgettable!! From breathtaking hikes to visiting animal sanctuaries!
Here is what we recommend…
- Take advantage of public transportation in places like Europe to visit quaint towns, historical ruins, or gorgeous nature preserves.
- Try new outdoor sports like hiking, rafting, skiing, or even skydiving!
- Visit an animal sanctuary for a truly unique, empowering, and full-of-love vegan experience.
Visiting an animal sanctuary can be very easy and can be fun for the whole family! You get to connect with the animals, meet like-minded people, and create an unforgettable memory.
Vegan Travel is Easier Than You Think…
As you can see from our comprehensive list of conscious travel activities that you can enjoy on your next vegan holiday, traveling as a vegan is very possible and is becoming easier and easier each year!!
Let us know in the comments below if you have any other vegan and eco friendly travel ideas! We would love to hear about your amazing experiences!
And of course…you can easily find vegan accommodation for your trip through the Vegan Stay!! So, pack your bags, and let’s go see the world!!